Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Give Me an E, Give Me an L, Give Me an I

Please continue to pray for my little nephew, Eli. To review, he was born with TGA, which means his two main heart arteries were reversed. Notice that I use the past tense. That's right, praise God, the open-heart surgery he had at six days old was a success and his heart is normal now.
However, the road to recovery from the surgery has been longer and slower than anyone in my family expected, which is painful, of course for sweet Eli but also for my sister, brother-in-law and parents.
My BIL had to go back to work today and my sister is back at home after two weeks of staying at the hospital and the Ronald McDonald House, though Eli is still in the hospital. God willing, it'll be more relaxing for her to be at home, though the flip side is that she'll be driving at least an hour each way every day to spend time with Eli until he is well and strong enough to be released.
Your prayers help, please remember him when you talk to Jesus. Watch this space, I hope to give you good news and cute pictures of Eli very soon!

1 comment:

Jane said...

Jamie, I thank you, too, for letting the whole world know about precious little Eli. How we do long to have him home and hold him.

I was so encouraged. . .just this morning I know of three more families that are added to the list of prayer warriors. I thought we had notified EVERYONE, but then along comes more friends who didn't know and their immediate response (unsolicited) is, "We will be praying." In addition, the bible study group at our park has been praying for him.

Thank you, LORD for the care of the body of Christ.

Love, Eli's grandma