Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Preparedness

Likely I've mentioned this before, but it bears repeating: Koji and I are taking tennis right now (separate classes). He's pictured above, putting his moves in action. Koji's is Sunday afternoons and mine is Monday nights. I am THOROUGHLY enjoying my class, much more than I expected. It's great to get out on a Monday night, take a break from being home, move around a little bit, challenge my brain (the part where the coach tells me what to do and then I try to get my brain to control my body and DO what he says). Tonight we played a tournament with foam balls. Excellent tool for reminding me that the way to be good at tennis (and I suppose this is a life lesson too...)is to be prepared. It would be impressive if I could insert here the exact count of number of times I was reminded to "get your racket back," but the fact is that I lost track.
After the tournament, we all agreed that we might not be particularly good at tennis yet, but we are decent at "foamball".

No comments: