Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Helpless

Happy Birthday to Sam!!

For most things that go on around here, even when Aogu has to be out of town for a few days, I can hold it together. Or so I like to think. But lately, Aogu's honed his talent for getting the kids to bed. He's really a master. First he lays down with Izumi and Koji and has Izumi sleeping in 10 minutes or less. Next, I hand over (a well-fed) Misaki and he has her in "sawing logs" and in her crib within another 10 minutes or so. It's amazing! Even though I know the process as he does it should be over in 20 minutes or so, I'm much too impatient to pull it off.Exhibit A: Misaki playing on the floor of our bedroom past 9 pm tonight after my numerous and varied attempts to have her go to bed all failed...

Note that I finally got her down past 10 by laying down with her, falling asleep myself and then dragging myself back out to put her in her crib and put this post up for you! See how helpless I am without Aogu around, at least when it comes to getting the little ones to bed!

No comments: