Sunday, November 08, 2009

Little Boy Hormones

Do you think it might be possible that little boys have hormones raging through their systems? It would be nice to have some biophysical explanation for the craziness that can sometimes be Koji. For the most part, he is really more charming than he is crazy.

But sometimes he can get on a roll, and today was one of those days. The thing that pushes me to The Highest Level of Near Head Explosion is when he completely overreacts to something I didn't say.

Example: we went to the market tonight. He was trying to set an appointment for playing with a new toy I picked up at a garage sale. Have I lost you already? That's right, this boy wants to know exactly when we are going to do just about everything. Which is the stuff of nightmares for me because I can't keep those promises.

So he says, "Mama, when am I going to play with that toy?"
Me: "Tomorrow?"
K: "But when tomorrow?"
Me: (trying not to lose it) "Please don't pressure me to plan an exact time, let's not talk about that right now."
K: SO I CAN'T TALK ABOUT ANYTHING EVER AGAIN?!!!
Me: ......(bewildered silence)....

If anyone is reading this and has words of comfort/advice/sympathy/correction, please lay them on! Thank you!

No comments: