Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Rib Bone's Connected to the...Toe Bone?!

I fought the law and the law won.

The law of gravity, that is.

An evil combination of slick slippers, tray of sodas, carpeted stairs and the aforementioned law of gravity came into play on me yesterday. I found myself flying in the air and landing on my ribs and hip and then slithering ungracefully to the bottom of said stairs. At the same time, I heard some weird screaming, and after some time, I realized it was me. Though I was in some pain, I didn't even cry, I just screamed for awhile. I'm nothing if not dignified...ha!

Have I mentioned here that I'm pregnant?

So that made the whole incident a thousand times worse; well, maybe more like a hundred. A thousand times would have been if I had fallen down head-first, which I didn't, praise God! But I was very, very shaken up.

And now I am very, very bruised. I have one in particular developing on my hip, and it's almost too bad that no one but Aogu will ever see it--that's how spectacular it's looking to become. My ribs feel the worst though. I never knew how one's ribs are connected to the entire body. They are involved, whether I am sleeping, eating, or even just sitting and breathing. I have to admit I've always kind of taken my ribs for granted--of course they are there holding my lungs and heart and all that together. No more. How can I take my ribs for granted, now that they shout at me when I move my toes?

Side note: though the more graceful would likely disagree on this line of thinking, I have to say that I'm actually impressed that I've lived in this house for almost four years, and this is the first time I've fallen down the stairs. Good job!?! A better job if I can be certain to make it the ONLY time I fall...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WHAT? You're pregnant?? Really? That's great news! I'm so happy for you guys! God is good! :o)