Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Puzzling

In spite of an inability to move the left side of my body, I dragged Koji to the market this morning. While at Aldi, I found a puzzle storage kit on sale for $3.99. The same kit had caught my eye a month ago, but I wasn't willing to pay $9.99 for it. A third of the price sounded right, so I bought it.

Now, in case you're thinking, "I've never heard of her doing a puzzle!" you are correct. Puzzles aren't usually my favorite thing to do. But that's partially because I can't figure out to do with them if I start but don't finish. This kit will solve that problem, right? Not to mention that I can sit and work on it with my "good side" and not focus on the fact that I'm trying to keep myself immobile at home until my ribs heal.

The kit actually included a puzzle, some kind of painting of a train engineer standing in front of a train depot with a black steam engine and beautiful sunset in the background. Great! So I got to work, and then I even got a friend to work when she called to see if she could come by for a visit. We made some progress; of course we finished the frame and most of the depot...

Maybe someday I'll unroll the puzzle and see if I can fill in the tricky black train and blue/pink sky. Or maybe not.

No comments: