Monday, October 03, 2005

70 Down, 69 to Go?!

I didn't have any plans for Koji and myself today.
When will I next be able to make this statement? Not anytime this month; for lo, our departure from Tokyo looms in less than four weeks. For the curious and precise, we will be leaving Tokyo on October 30 at 7 pm and arriving in Chicago the same day around 3 pm. Isn't that weird? Going from here to the U.S. feels like something of a time warp, and yet it's also the longest day, with the most eating, ever.
Tangent. The point is, for the rest of this month, I've booked Koji into nursery school every Wednesday and Friday morning since I know that he and I both will miss it very much when we aren't here. Also, we've made various appointments and plans to catch up with friends one last time, and the very few days that aren't already taken up with either of these things will likely be swallowed up in packing.
But for now it's too early to pack, and though I still feel less than peppy coming off the Kumamoto trip, staying in the room all day is a little too claustrophobic. And, the Stamp Rally is looming!
There was no way I was up for the 32 station marathon that Koji and I did the other week. If I'm feeling a little tired now, maybe it's a fatigue that started back then?! That was too much, even for me!
However, I really really want that Tokyo Metro bag...and there are only 25 stamping days left before riding the Metro isn't an option anymore.
So today, we managed to finish off the line we live on, Nanboku. We went to 10 stations and collected 11 stamps. This means that we are three lines down (Hibiya, Chiyoda and Nanboku) and five to go (Marunouchi, Tozai, Yurakucho, Ginza, Hanzomon). As I mentioned previously there are 139 stations in the Metro system. We have now visited at least half of them, and we have 69 more blank spaces in our book, waiting to be stamped.
I'm such a nerd about this...I might have to ask the fam to sacrafice Saturday morning pancakes this week so I can race out and try to conquer the Metro by myself?! I do think the process would be a bit faster, were I not simultaneously trying to entertain, placate, discipline, feed, hydrate and/or wrestle with a small boy.
Ah, these ARE the good old days, right here and now.

5 comments:

Jane said...

Mostly folks dount down to Christmas (which I am currently dong)due to the anticipated visit of our Matsuokas :-)

Ah but counting stamping days. . .what a kick. You crack me up, sweet daughter.

Jane said...

I mean "doing"

Anonymous said...

Nice site!
[url=http://kxlzoojx.com/ornp/yafz.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://bfshvmoq.com/sbjs/gjyx.html]Cool site[/url]

Anonymous said...

Thank you!
My homepage | Please visit

Anonymous said...

Good design!
http://kxlzoojx.com/ornp/yafz.html | http://ygnkbizw.com/mprp/vctx.html