Sunday, March 26, 2006

Closer to Just a Little Behind the Times

Last night it almost seemed we would fall asleep on the couch as usual. But without new episodes of Battlestar Galactica, Friday night TV will be pointless until October (yes, in case I haven't already mentioned it here, I've become quite the TV watcher since we returned from Tokyo. it's weird. name a day and I can tell you what I'll probably watch that evening. sad but true...I hope it's just a phase, but I'm sure it'll last as least as long as the fifth season of "24").

Fortunately, Aogu saved the day by running down to Blockbuster and renting Walk the Line. You all already know what a great movie this was, because you saw it last year when it came out. Yes, well, we haven't been to a theatre in quite some time, not to mention that we were out of the country when it was released. I did notice that the story focused on Johnny Cash's younger years and beginning as an artist, up to the time he married June Carter. Apparently, the real redemption in his life took place after that, though. I haven't read any books about him or by him but I want to; I have a feeling that the movie, as interesting and well done as it was, was just a prelude to the rest of his life.

Would it be weird and unlikely if we became big Johnny Cash fans? Perhaps. Let's see what I download from itunes in the next few days!

3 comments:

hadashi said...

all it took was a Thanksgiving Day 4-part special on NPR about Johnny Cash... and for the next several weeks all that the husband (who had ZERO country/folk music listening habits) listened to was JC. weird and unlikely? absolutely. but he's addictive... you will find yourself waking up with "Drunken Ira Hayes" in your head and going to sleep thinking "I shot a man in Reno/just to watch him die..."
we haven't even seen Walk The Line yet.

Jane said...

Haven't seen Walk the Line either, though I HAVE heard of it. It's even on our "list." That is a virtual list, not a real list.

Hadashi's comment is very cute. .probably more entertaining than the movie.

Jane said...

About "24":

I don't know what to do about the last two episodes since I will be out of country both weeks. Guess I'll just have to buy the series and fast forward to the end.