Sunday, January 10, 2016

Monster Translator

There was a need for translation help at church today and I was happy to do it. But the truth is, for now, my flesh is weak. Really weak. I'm not fully recovered from the infected head syndrome of last week. Impatient with myself, I decided it would be fine to put in my contacts this morning. 
My poor eyeballs. By lunchtime, I was in pain. I hadn't even thought to bring my glasses along. I took one of my contacts out so I could continue catching up with a friend. But it was too little, too late, and now I'm back where I started, my eyes blood red and aching. And yes, tomorrow is a Japanese holiday but school is on. 
No time like today for digging into the lovely stock of Trader Joe's goods Mom sent for Christmas. 
Trader Joe's macaroni and cheese, plus kimchi tofu soup. What? Not a common combo at your house?! 
I pray that when I wake up tomorrow, the color of my eyes will not so closely resemble the color of this soup...

No comments: