Saturday, November 19, 2011

Keepin' it Real

Misaki has a cold.  Every time the teeniest bit of something that looks like water comes out of her nose, she shouts "HANA!" (Japanese for "NOSE!") and I'm supposed to run to her with a tissue.  Not a great system.  And I've been trying to wipe gently, but the sheer number of tissues needed has turned her poor little upper lip all red and chapped.

So we stayed in today, and thank God, I was able to get rides to and from school for Izumi and Aogu picked Koji up from his bus stop.  We were truly in.  Which meant she watched scandalous amounts of TV and I cooked.  I did the laundry too, but mostly I cooked.  I like to cook.  The rest of the household jobs, not so appealing.  Even though I try to launch myself to the kitchen to accomplish a non-cooking task, before I know it I'm back in there fiddling with the vegetables and telling myself, I have to do this right now.  Which may or may not be true.

HA!  Feeling validated by the following quote that I found on Portrait of an ENFP:
"Because ENFPs live in the world of exciting possibilities, the details of everyday life are seen as trivial drudgery. They place no importance on detailed, maintenance-type tasks, and will frequently remain oblivious to these types of concerns. When they do have to perform these tasks, they do not enjoy themselves. This is a challenging area of life for most ENFPs, and can be frustrating for ENFP's family members."... italics and underlining added by me... 

Means that I'm prepared though!  When a friend came by right around lunch time, no big deal, there was a big pot of soup all ready to go.  And I was a little proud of that soup, it was the first I remember making with no recipe at all.  I wasn't even inspired by anything other than what I had on hand.  So that felt like an accomplishment.

But my throat is really sore and dry and I think it's probably not going to make sense for me to appear at my Chorus performance tomorrow morning.  The other members likely want me to appear anyway and just lip synch the song.  Not a terrible idea since there are parts I'm still not confident about.  Hm.

We have "Family Movie Night" semi-regularly on Fridays but it was sad tonight.  Aogu went out on a Redbox tour to try and get Cars 2 on Blu-Ray and they were all rented.  So we had to settle for some random Super Mario thing that Koji is very excited about and the rest of us, not so much.

Here's to a better day tomorrow, everyone!

2 comments:

Laurie said...

did you put the tatsoi in the soup? i would have thought to use it like spinach. praying for you today! hope your throat feels better. mine hurts pretty bad too~ we must of spread our germs to each other over the phone line.

Jamie Lives in Tokyo said...

No, I ended up making a salad of it with arugula, spinach, shredded chicken, parmesan, almonds and dijon vinaigrette. It was really good! I didn't use it all up so I think I'll make another one tomorrow.