Sunday, June 12, 2005

Country Roads, Take Me Back to Tokyo

Tadaima.
This is word one uses when returning from being away. Now you say "okaerinasai," which means "welcome back".
Thanks! Believe it or not, it's good to be back in the room here, and I actually missed it while Koji and I were away in Okayama. We had a great time, and I don't regret going at all. Maybe I'm getting old. Or maybe it's just life with a two year old...I won't ever say that I don't like traveling anymore, because for me, that would be like volunteering to poke my eyes out (which I would never do because I love to read; what good is a metaphor you have to explain!). But it's not so easy breezy as it used to be.
Or maybe it never was, and I've just painted my past trips rosy in my memory.
In any case, we left on Monday and flew with Ken and Aya from Haneda Airport to Okayama. The flight was packed, which shocked us. Who would want to go to Okayama on a Monday? Koji didn't have a seat, but the flight was only an hour long and he had his brand new JAL toy plane to play with, so he didn't mind.
We spent the remainder of our first day in Okayama stopping by the bread shop where Aya's sister works and returning to her brother's house to get settled. I'll have to put up some pictures because they will help with the 1000 words I'm tempted to write to describe our visit. I'd better sleep on it and bring you some highlights tomorrow.
Oyasuminasai!

No comments: