Wednesday, July 06, 2005

None of the Above

So yesterday I was sure I had either tonsillitis or strep throat, or maybe both?! I really wasn't feeling well, and as I just couldn't make it to the Tokyo British Clinic (which I wasn't terribly upset about), I decided to try the Ark Hills Clinic, ever so conveniently located in the building next door.
The clinic doesn't take appointments; thankfully I didn't have to wait long (but while I was waiting I saw one of my former students! The weird part was, she acted like she didn't know me...and I didn't feel like I could say anything to her without remembering which school I taught her at, which I didn't until she left. Oh well). The doctor listened to my story, looked at my throat and checked my glands and then said that he didn't see any bacteria. Huh? If bacteria was visible to the naked eye, wouldn't someone have seen it and figured it out long before Antonie van Leeuwenhoek in 1673?!
Though he didn't confirm or deny my self-diagnoses, he did give me a five-day prescription for antibiotics, and he didn't charge nearly as much as the British Clinic doctor, so believe it or not, the next time I get sick, I'll probably go back to him...

3 comments:

High Power Rocketry said...

Leeuwenhoek!
Japan!

Just a very nice page :O)

Jane said...

Just got home from a 7 day motorcycle trip and feeling a little doozy, I mean whoozy myself. But nothing a good night's sleep won't help. Sure hope you are making GOOD progress on your recovery, honey. I've been praying for you. xox.

Jamie Lives in Tokyo said...

alex, thanks for looking at my page! now that I've seen yours, I can understand how you know who Leeuwenhoek is...he would be fascinated by your photographs, I think. keep it up!

mom, I'm looking forward to hearing all about your recent trip. maybe on your new blog?!