Thursday, May 26, 2005

Kame! Kame!

Meet some of the turtles we saw at Shinjuku Gyoen last week. Usually, I don't even try to take "nature" pictures because I just don't feel I have the eye for them. However, this one somehow seemed to turn out pretty well. And, I like that you can faintly see our heads, reflected in the water at the bottom of the picture.
Does anyone have any tips for taking "nature" shots? I may not be patient enough to try them out, but I'd still like to know what they are. If you have advice, please comment! Is anyone reading this blog?! (besides Julie...thanks Julie!)
I didn't used to concern myself with "audience," but I did some looking around at blogs yesterday, and readership seems to be a big deal. No, I don't have any plans to turn commercial with this at all! Just can't help wondering if I am talking to myself?!
If I am, note to self: go back to Shinjuku Gyoen to rendezvous with the turtles soon!


Kame! Kame! Posted by Hello

3 comments:

Shanel said...

you are not alone in your thoughts. i enjoy your blog so much, jamie, that you have a special spot on my toolbar so that all it takes is one click and i am given immediate access to your blog. i love it! i have not been able to leave comments because i was not a registered user. sorry. please keep writing. i look forward to your stories. but more importantly, i look forward to hearing about you.

Matty G said...

Hi,

I just discovered your blog this evening, and have enjoyed reading. I look forward to visiting Japan some day, myself.

I write a blog as well, and though I don't know if I have any readers to speak of, I pretend that I have many adoring fans.

If you really want to know your sites stats - www.statcounter.com will monitor your blog's traffic for you (free - the perfect price!) and put things into neat pie charts and stuff, showing who is visiting, what country they are from, etc. It's really interesting!

Anyway, I'm enjoying your writing and wanted to send some love from (just) across the big pond, here in San Francisco.

Matt

Matty G said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.