Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Clever in Bed

Before you worry that my writing is somehow taking an X-rated turn, let me assure you that I have an explanation! As some of you know from the e-mails I've been shooting out for the last hour and a half, Koji has a terrible canker sore. It must a family legacy, as I'm prone to them myself and my poor sister has been known to have mouthfuls. As he's just two, he is lacking defense mechanisms against the pain. So, he suffers through by waking up every hour or two and shouting "ITAI!" which of course is Japanese for "ouch".
This is why we need a door on the kitchen. The curtain that we hung there does the job for getting him to sleep, but it's a poor substitute when it comes to noise management. Argh. The shout-out that he gave at 3:30 am woke me up, and I haven't been back to sleep since.
What I have been doing is composing this blog entry in my head, in bed.
What great, eloquent, witty ideas I had. Had. Two hours ago. When I was in bed. Now, I'm actually in front of the computer trying to make some kind of record of my experiences and entertain you in the process.
Alas, now that I'm actually in front of the screen, as the Japanese say, "my mind is white". In other words, apparently, I'm only clever in bed.

No comments: