Saturday, March 26, 2005

A No TV Day in the Room

Perhaps for the first time since moving into our room two and a half weeks ago, Koji and I spent our entire day here. That in itself is amazing, but I am more impressed that we managed it without watching TV at all. Nary a Veggie Tales episode was aired! Do you mind if I pat myself on the back now?
It wasn't even as painful as I thought it would be. Not that Koji didn't ask to watch TV, because he started off the day saying, "Fumo! Fumo!" (his code word for "Sumo of the Opera," his current favorite Veggie Tales video) and periodically requested "TD? TD?". But I was able to distract him and the day passed without too much incident.
Well, there was one thing. He started getting cranky and bored just before nap time. He thought that picking up the half full coffee pot off of the hot coffee maker would be a good way to pass some time. Um, no. That is, yes, the coffee did spill over the whole table and a bit onto the floor, but I was more freaked out by the possibility that he would burn himself. And of course I was frustrated that I had to watch him doing this as I'm shouting, "No, no NOOOO....!".
Nap time started remarkably soon after. For both of us.

No comments: