Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Another Crop


We went to the Garden Patch Orchard again today. This time I wasn't such a good driver and Izumi fell out of the wagon twice. Oops!
My new friend S and her daughters O and K had another friend, also "S", visiting from Tokyo with her son K. It was fun to introduce them to the farm.
The strawberries were mostly gone, and the other major crops weren't quite out yet but we did get a lot of rhubarb and also a few blackcurrants. When I got home, I realized I should have picked a lot more rhubarb; $1.99/pound is a good deal!

After we left the farm, we went for an extremely late lunch at
Potbelly's. Don't know if it's every store or just that one, but they had a nice shelf of books that kept the kids busy. I was grateful. Thanks to S and S and their kids for spending a lovely day with us!

No comments: