Saturday, November 18, 2006

Make Use of That Passport


Now that Izumi is six months old and it's been a year since we were last in Tokyo, the time seemed right for a trip to introduce her to the family there and make use of her (American) passport. So here we are on our usual flight, AA153.

What you see here is the way both of the kids looked for the most of the flight, as in, NOT ASLEEP. I didn't expect much different since our flight left at 11 a.m. but I was naive enough to think that Izumi would sleep for longer than two hours total (out of 13). Silly me!

Good thing Aogu got in this practice holding Koji up. Koji did actually go to sleep...once we landed at Narita. I'm serious! The wheels touched the ground and at the same moment, he nodded off. Speaking of wheels, if only we could have attached some to his shoes, we would have been in a good place!

Exciting start to our trip. If you need advice on how to travel with kids, I don't know that I actually have any. I'd probably only leave you with practical gems like, "it's OK to allow your three-year-old to watch The Ant Bully three times in a row; you're just doing what you have to in order to maintain peace."

No comments: