Thursday, November 02, 2006

Consanant Confusion

Koji's English has improved rapidly in the last few months, so much so that I can hardly believe he's the same little guy we brought back from Tokyo a year ago. That small one (he's still small though he looks huge to us compared to Izumi) now daily comes out with full sentences like, "We can play this game now, OK Mama?," which are perfect English with the exception of the placement of "can" and "we".

However, he still can't always hear or reproduce the difference between certain English vowels. That's how it is that when Izumi spits up some part of her last meal, he reports,

"Mama! Izumi spilled!"

1 comment:

Jane said...

So, I'm reading your blog from my very own computer back here in my "office." I'm in the big time now!

Amazing how quickly language comes, once it starts. Love the stories! :-) xoxox