Thursday, October 18, 2007

Wicked Famous Person

There's no logical reason why I would wait six weeks to tell you that on September 1st, Aogu, Darren, Cat & I went to see Wicked. Putting my delinquency aside, it was an excellent evening! I have to admit, it's been so long since I had an evening out of dressing up, going out for dinner and going to a show with my husband and good friends, well, there's really no way it could have been anything other than perfect. Except it kind of was even better than that because Glinda was our friend! Alright, I'm stretching the connection, but not that much: Erin M*ackey's father is a friend of Cat & Darren's, so Erin helped us get good tickets, and then she put on a super performance, just for us. I guess that's her job, actually, but she did it really well, and it was more exciting to watch knowing that we know her. Sort of.
And thanks very much to Cat & Darren not only for knowing Erin and arranging getting the tickets, but also for revving up the "going-out-for-an-evening" machine in the first place and buying us a delicious dinner at Morton's (Is that where we went? I remember that it was a steakhouse and that they showed us a live lobster as one of the specials of the day! I hope I'm not getting the name wrong!). The more I think about it, the more retroactively happy and satisfied I feel. When are you coming back?!

No comments: