Sunday, October 21, 2007

Stand Out or Blend In: That Is The Question

Lately I've been sewing more (see pink dress in my profile picture). Now, I am NOT saving money by creating my own clothing, particularly in light of the fact that I buy 95% of my wardrobe straight off of clearance racks. However, I am motivated by wanting to be different. If I make my own dress/shirt/skirt, I can be very nearly certain I am the only owner of that exact item.

On the other hand, if I wanted to blend in, I'm not sure that I would be willing to make, or even pay to have made, one of these. It would be a GREAT Halloween costume, though a bit difficult to move around in since there seems to be no provision for the need to look around...

Not only did I want you to see these pictures, but I really couldn't pass up the opportunity to tie in chindogu, which are hilarious! Stand out or blend in?: something to think about, but the real question is, why don't I already own this book?!

1 comment:

Jane said...

So my favorite chindogu would be the toilet paper roll attached to the head in hay fever season. That, in fact, would NOT be useless!

:-)