Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Resolute On Resolutions, Sort Of

So I had this crazy idea that I would resolve to post to my blog every day in 2007. Funny how it's the 8th and this is my first post...yeah. Well, I have a pretty legit reason for my lack of posting (which only covers this year; I really can't explain that December 7--27 silence).

For one thing, we went on a road trip. We left Skokie on Dec. 27th, destination Charlottesville, Virginia. You may wonder why we would choose somewhere so seemingly random. Well, along with Rich and Jenny, we had initially planned to visit Brad & Kath, and it was very sad when we had to admit that trying to drive to ANYWHERE --even if it's a place of great friends and warm beaches -- 30ish? hours away from home with four children ages three and under was clinically unstable. So, though we had to give up the beaches and time with B & K, which would have been great (I'm so sorry we didn't make it!!) we didn't want to give up visiting friends. Which is why we settled on Cville, the new home of Jim & Meg who have founded the Charlottesville Vineyard there just this year.

Gotta speed up here. OK, so we did that and it was fun and I'll put some pictures up maybe sometime.

After that we were home for one day, and then on the 4th we flew out to Oregon for our annual pilgrimage to visit my parents and sister's family. We were with them and my longtime (nearly half my life now!) friend from Biola, Rachel & family, for three days at my parents' house.

Next (are you following this?!) we came out on a family vacation to Eagle Crest. Wow. It is spectacular out here in Central Oregon, from the condo we're staying in to the views and even the marvelous weather. Today we were out for a walk and Koji got so overheated that he had to strip down to his undershirt (his jeans etc. were still on, not to worry)!

However, internet access is NOT a feature of our condo. That's probably good for us, but it's preventing me from carrying out my so-called resolution for 2007. We'll see how I do from Jan. 17th on...

Happy New Year, friends!

No comments: